Sunday, December 25, 2011

Well it's Christmas - 2011

I can't believe how quickly the year 2011 evaporated.  It seems like yesterday I was anticipating the arrival of the grand babies and children for an exciting time together as we gathered around the Christmas Tree to share in seeing what Santa dropped off.

This year is a 100% weather change from last  year.  Bright sunshine with temps in the 40's with no snow in sight.  Last year we had 5" snow with a new coating of about an inch on Christmas morning.  However, even though no snow the Christmas spirit glows among us.  Since the children are traveling from Fort Wayne it makes for easy travel.

I have procrastinated beyond belief with my blogging. I've been off the site since June.  Oldsters Toadstool reprimanded me for my laziness in his last blog.  Do I have an excuse - well maybe.  On July 20 the love of my life had a much needed surgery to correct a pain syndrome called RSD.  Upon coming out of the surgery she was paralyzed on her entire right side.  Further tests showed the possible reason for the paralysis was a problem call OPLL.  In everyday language this was stenosis in the cervical area pinching the spinal cord.  A second surgery was required on July 22.  Following the surgery five and a half weeks was spent at a rehab center learning to walk and regain the use of her hands and arms.  Here it is a little over five months later and recovery continues very slowly.  Pain still persists, but by the Grace of God improvement does carry on slowly.

Now back to Christmas.  Last night we went to our midnight candlelight service.  Our minister, in his sermon, brought the everyday rush and madness of the season into reality.  He kept asking "why are we here?".  The final answer was this - to come to the manger of the Christchild - a place to find "real" meaning in our lives.  As I continue to mature - I'm now in the mature years of my life - I'm convinced his message was "right-on".  I must confess the Christmas season does give me time to slow down and regroup. 

I'm anticipating good things for 2012.  I pray each day for God's healing grace on my bride of 45 years - yes 45 years on December 27th. 

I'm going to sign off for now.  I heard a cluttering sound out on the lawn - St. Nick must have arrived. I've tried to be good so I hope a small gift awaits.  The only gift I really want is complete recovery for my sweatheart.   Kids will be arriving in about 3 hours - so I better get cleaned up. 

Merry Christmas to all!!

1 comment:

  1. merry christmas!!....and happy anniversary to you and connie!!!...wow....45 years together...that is awesome!!... continueing to pray for connie to be free of pain...

    ReplyDelete